Senior Product Designer
The rapid explosion of digital in our lives means we are entering the experience economy and customer experience isn’t a nice to have, it’s a need to have - both for businesses to thrive and for societies to thrive. If you agree with this, it's your burning passion, and your career goal is to help scale digital experience, we need you at Rangle. Rangle is redefining how companies design and build digital products and solutions by providing best-in-class customer-experience teams and practices to our clients. Our design teams are helping transform design for some of the world’s leading brands. If you want to move from page-level design to design as a scaled transformative capability, Rangle is where you want to be.
As the Senior Product Designer, you will be influencing and guiding the design process for high-profile clients across industries with an emphasis on innovation to create the next generation of digital products and applications. You will be working with a team of passionate and skilled designers and developers in a collaborative and inspirational way. You are experienced in working on new business pitches, and are confident and comfortable with presenting to a larger group of stakeholders.
You bring to the table your expert knowledge of design systems and of the latest design system tools, such as Figma or InVision. You, however, are tool-agnostic and understand the pros and cons of one tool versus the other.
- Opportunity to establish yourself as an invaluable member of our creative team and an indispensable asset to our clients
- You will continue to build confidence in Rangle’s design capabilities and you will elevate the level of the design work
- Be a part of Rangle’s learning community as a SME, with countless opportunities to simultaneously learn and elevate your skills
What You’ll Do
- Engage in strategy, and move beyond just executing the “how”, to articulating the “what” and “why” for a product, service, or application
- Clearly articulate abstract concepts and provide rationale for design decisions and approach
- Define and lead appropriate design activities and deliverables that achieve business and user goals within the context of the project, technology, and budget constraints
- Contribute to design scoping and estimation efforts
- Apply best practices and human-centered design methodologies to ensure proposed solutions meet user needs, business goals, and are on-brand
- Create and oversee the creation of exceptional design artifacts and deliverables
- Continue to develop consulting skills and hone design skills
- Provide guidance and oversight to a team or teams of designers
- Lead and facilitate design and ideation workshops to build a shared experience vision
- Provide, receive and act on constructive feedback with professionalism
- Participate in peer design reviews
- Investigate, assess, and recommend new design methods and tools
- Mentor designers and interview design team candidates
What You’ll Bring
- 6+ years of digital design experience
- An exceptional portfolio that demonstrates strong design process and systems thinking
- An understanding of scoping, estimating, planning, and staffing design activities for projects
- Experience tailoring and shaping design approach for a project, product, or account
- Proficiency in current design and prototyping tools, including Figma, Sketch and InVision
- Proven ability to conduct a wide spectrum of design research, strategy and visual design activities and produce thoughtful, high-quality artifacts and deliverables
- Experience building or contributing to design systems
- Strong creative, analytical, problem-solving, communication, facilitation, and presentation skills
- A passion for mentoring other designers
- Strong empathy and ability to actively listen and consider other people’s points of view
- Solid understanding of HCD and Agile processes
While focusing on doing the right thing, we adopt an atmosphere of creativity, belonging, and fun. Ranglers are curious, brave, kind, and innovative. Together we build experiences that make an impact on the world. Come join us.
Rangle is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a safe, diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage qualified applicants of all backgrounds including ethnicity, religion, disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation, family status, age, nationality, and education levels to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
Don't currently tick all the boxes?
We’re a culture of growth. If you're excited about this role, have most of the skills, and can learn the rest, please apply!