The Design Lead at Rangle is a talented designer who is passionate about solving complex design problems and creating simple solutions. They specialize in unpacking the heart and soul of a brand, pushing it to unexpected places. They thrive in a multidisciplinary, fast-paced, and Agile environment. They bring a positive, collaborative attitude to the workplace and high personal standards to their work. They are T-shaped designers who have developed both a comprehensive visual design skillset and expertise in one or two design focus areas.
The Design Lead will be responsible for the UX and UI design of various project outcomes. You will ensure that all elements of the digital user experience are optimized for usability, business value, and exceptional visual design.
The successful candidate has a passion for delivering adaptive and creative solutions to UX/UI design problems. They stay up-to-date with best practices and emerging trends in design and technology.
- Research, plan, design, and validate new design concepts
- Engage in strategy, and move beyond just executing the “how,” to articulate the “what” and “why” for a product, service or application
- Communicate with clients to understand their business goals and objectives
- Contribute to UX scoping and estimation efforts
- Propose intuitive and usable design solutions
- Optimize existing user interface designs
- Create prototypes to showcase and test UX/UI solutions
- Implement findings from feedback and testing by rapid iteration of designs
- Present design work with solid rationale and manage stakeholder feedback
- Provide guidance and oversight to a team or teams of designers
- Lead and facilitate design and ideation workshops to build a shared experience vision
- Mentor designers and interview design team candidates
- 6+ years of experience as a UX/UI Designer or similar role
- 1+ years experience leading designers
- A design portfolio demonstrating conceptual, design and process thinking skills
- An understanding of scoping, estimating, planning and staffing UX activities for projects
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to discuss and explain design thinking
- Detail-oriented, critical thinker
- Applied Design System experience
- Comfortable with leading conversations with client stakeholders
- A passion for mentoring and coaching other designers
- Degree or diploma in a related field such as interaction design, HCI, industrial design or library science a plus
While focusing on doing the right thing, we adopt an atmosphere of creativity, belonging, and fun. Ranglers are curious, brave, kind, and innovative. Together we build experiences that make an impact on the world. Come join us.
Rangle is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a safe, diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage qualified applicants of all backgrounds including ethnicity, religion, disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation, family status, age, nationality, and education levels to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
Don't currently tick all the boxes?
We’re a culture of growth. If you're excited about this role, have most of the skills, and can learn the rest, please apply!