Visual Design Lead
The Visual Design Lead at Rangle is a talented designer who is passionate about solving complex design problems and creating work that is infused with minimal simplicity with high attention to detail.
You specialize in unpacking the heart and soul of a brand, pushing it to unexpected places. You thrive in a multidisciplinary, fast-paced, and Agile environment and bring a positive, collaborative attitude to the workplace and high personal standards to the work.
You are experienced in working on new business pitches, are confident and comfortable with presenting to a larger group of stakeholders.
You bring to the table your expert knowledge of design systems and of the latest design system tools, such as Figma or InVision. You, however, are tool-agnostic and understand the pros and cons of one tool versus the other.
Reporting to the Director, Design, the Visual Design Lead is in a transitional role as they start to move away from designing and ‘doing’ to delegating, leading, and directing. While you can create or describe the visual design strategy and vision for a product, application, or service, the Lead Visual Designer will be responsible for growing the design practice by participating in business pitches and mentoring the design team.
What You'll Do
- Help grow the design practice by actively participating in business pitches and mentoring the design team
- Engage in strategy, and move beyond just executing the “how”, to articulating the “what” and “why” for a product, service, or application
- Clearly articulate abstract concepts and provide rationale for design decisions and approach
- Define appropriate visual design activities and deliverables that achieve business and user goals within the context of the project, technology, and budget constraints
- Contribute to visual design scoping and estimation efforts
- Investigate, assess, and recommend new design methods and tools
- Apply best practices and human-centered design methodologies to ensure proposed solutions meet user needs, business goals, and are on-brand
- Create and oversee the creation of exceptional visual design artifacts and deliverables
- Continue to develop consulting skills and hone visual design skills
- Provide guidance and oversight to a team or teams of designers
- Lead and facilitate design and ideation workshops to build a shared experience vision
- Provide, receive and act on constructive feedback with professionalism
- Participate in peer design reviews
- Mentor designers and interview design team candidates
- Opportunity to establish yourself as an invaluable member of our creative team and an
- an indispensable asset to our clients
- You will continue to build confidence in Rangle’s design capabilities and you will elevate
- the level of the design work
- Be a pivotal part of Rangle's growing team and help define the quality landscape
- within the company
- Be a part of Rangle’s learning community as a SME, with countless opportunities to
- simultaneously learn and elevate your skills
What You'll Bring
- 6+ years of digital design experience
- 1+ years experience leading designers
- An exceptional portfolio that demonstrates strong visual design process and systems thinking
- An understanding of scoping, estimating, planning, and staffing visual design activities for projects
- Experience tailoring and shaping design approach for a project, product, or account
- Proficiency in current design and prototyping tools
- Proven ability to conduct a wide spectrum of visual design research, strategy and design activities and produce thoughtful, high-quality artifacts and deliverables
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong creative, analytical, problem-solving, communication, facilitation, and presentation skills
- A passion for mentoring other designers
- Strong empathy and ability to actively listen and consider other people’s points of view
- Solid understanding of HCD and Agile processes
While focusing on doing the right thing, we adopt an atmosphere of creativity, belonging, and fun. Ranglers are curious, brave, kind, and innovative. Together we build experiences that make an impact on the world. Come join us.
Rangle is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a safe, diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage qualified applicants of all backgrounds including ethnicity, religion, disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation, family status, age, nationality, and education levels to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
Don't currently tick all the boxes?
We’re a culture of growth. If you're excited about this role, have most of the skills, and can learn the rest, please apply!