- Be a pivotal part of Rangle's growing team in Amsterdam and helping define the technical landscape within our teams
- Play a huge part in the success of Rangle.io. We’re helping shape the Tech scene in Amsterdam and modern web and mobile development across the world
- Our solution architects tend to grow either technically or interpersonally, and in many cases, both!
- There's many pathways for growth, and opportunities internally
- Architects can keep focusing on technology and often become SMEs that help grow the rest of our people or architects who are more passionate about interpersonal skills and mentorship can transition into Technical Director roles where they lead/coach other technologists and are responsible for our projects’ technical overview
Details About Your Role
- Performs framework analysis and identifies gaps
- Creates architectural and technical documentation
- Defines and guides the architecture for any project
- Develops strategies for identifying performance issues and refactoring technical debt in codebases
- Deeply understands the client’s competitive landscape, strategy and goals
- Understands and helps implement Rangle’s strategy for helping clients achieve their business goals
- Provides version control strategies and directs teams to find solutions
- Peer reviews code for developers
- Demonstrates good judgment by leading an internal or external team with minimal support, finding pathways in projects with ambiguity, and escalating problems to the appropriate level when necessary
- Can participate in consulting and discovery engagements
- Ensures the team is supported and working as a unit; Reinforces our culture and values
- Enables more junior team members to do interesting or challenging work as much as possible
- Able to provide training for large groups
- Helps with project plans and presents at kick-off meetings
- Demonstrates good communication skills in explaining trade-offs of decisions and technical solutions to clients and internal teams; Able to clarify issues for non-technical audiences
- Build meaningful relationships with client stakeholders; Can influence decision-making and navigate conflict on the client side
- Contributes to Rangle’s larger technical strategy discussion
- Champions Rangle internal initiatives and bridges their value to client projects
- Optimizes work through time management, scoping and future planning; Aligns business strategy with realistic technical solutions; Creates processes to support other Developers and SAs
What You Bring To The Team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Industry experience leading technical teams and architecting software solutions
- Deep interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate with just about anyone!
- Understanding and appreciation of security best practices with a focus on the OWASP top ten list
- Industry experience with backend software development and cloud infrastructure, ideally with AWS, Azure, or GCPExperience in cloud computing (applications, infrastructure, storage, platforms and data)
- Experience with CI/CD leveraging tools like CircleCI, Jenkins, and the concept of twelve factor applications
- Verticalized knowledge of technology solutions and ability to learn, understand, and work quickly with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the Cloud/IT technology space
- Experience consulting or working with clients and high level stakeholders
- Ability to understand the business context of our clients, plus experience in partnering with Business Development / Client Services teams
- Ability to engage/influence audiences and identify expansion engagements within accounts
- Phenomenal problem solving skills and team-player attitude - we are always looking at ways we can do things better, sometimes there is no one path to follow
- Must be willing to travel biweekly across Europe, with visits to North American sites
- Must be fluent in English, other languages are a bonus
- Must be authorized to work in the EU and currently based in the proximity of Amsterdam
While focusing on doing the right thing, we embrace an atmosphere of creativity, belonging, and fun. Ranglers are curious, brave, kind, and innovative. Together we build experiences that make an impact on the world. Come join us.
Rangle is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a safe, diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage qualified applicants of all backgrounds including ethnicity, religion, disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation, family status, age, nationality, and education levels to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
Don't currently tick all the boxes?
We’re a culture of growth. If you're excited about this role, have most of the skills, and can learn the rest, please apply!