Senior Visual Designer
The Senior Visual Designer at Rangle is skilled at applying design thinking, Visual design principles/fundamentals, UI, UX and human-centred design (HCD) practices and principles, and are experts in one or more core competencies such as Visual design, interaction design, information design, or motion.
For this role, we're looking for candidates who can bring to the table their experience with design systems, or at least have a solid understanding of systematic design.
In addition to being solid Visual designers, this role will often go deep into particular areas of design, including motion design, interaction design, UI design, service design, branding, design systems, illustration, typography, data visualization design, usability testing and research, UX strategy, product design, and e-commerce.
Reporting to the Director, Design, they also guide and help level up other designers on the team.
- You know how to design and work with design systems. You don't have to be an expert, but you get it, have a desire to learn more and you definitely bring your best game to work, every day.
- Create impeccable visual design artifacts and deliverables such as presentations, moodboards, style tiles, design visual language, component and layout design, high-fidelity UI prototyping, guides, art direction, motion and much more
- Advocate for the business objective, brand purpose, and user wants and needs, throughout the design process
- Assist in qualitative research to test design hypotheses and assumptions
- Help translate clients’ aspirations into tangible design solutions and on brand experiences
- Articulate and defend rationale for design decisions
- Act as the single point of contact for all visual design-related status and questions on medium-scale projects
- Investigate, assess, and recommend new design methods and tools
- Continue to learn and hone visual design, research and consulting skills
- Provide, receive and act on constructive feedback with professionalism
- Lead and facilitate design workshops and ideation sessions to build a shared experience vision
- Participate in peer design reviews
- Interview design team candidates
- Mentor Associate and Intermediate Visual Designers
- Our visual designers tend to grow either technically or interpersonally, and in many cases, both!
- There's many pathways for growth, and opportunities internally
- Visual designers can grow to become focused on craft or on leadership. Each option gives you an opportunity to craft your career path as you wish to grow
What You Bring To The Team
- 5+ years digital design experience
- Experience working as a UI, visual, and interaction or product designer
- Experience working with design systems preferred
- A portfolio containing a variety of visual design artifacts that demonstrates strong conceptual, brand building, and design process thinking
- Ability to execute on a variety of styles
- Proficiency in current design and prototyping tools
- Proven ability to conduct a wide spectrum of visual design research, strategy and design activities and produce thoughtful, high-quality artifacts and deliverables
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience assisting with planning, running, and analyzing usability tests
- Strong creative and analytical problem solving, communication, collaboration, facilitation, and presentation skills
- Strong empathy and ability to actively listen and consider other people’s points of view
- Solid understanding of HCD and Agile processes
While focusing on doing the right thing, we embrace an atmosphere of creativity, belonging, and fun. Ranglers are curious, brave, kind, and innovative. Together we build experiences that make an impact on the world. Come join us.
Rangle is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a safe, diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage qualified applicants of all backgrounds including ethnicity, religion, disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation, family status, age, nationality, and education levels to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
Don't currently tick all the boxes?
We’re a culture of growth. If you're excited about this role, have most of the skills, and can learn the rest, please apply!