Senior Developer (React/Angular) Contract
We have built a strong community that supports and encourages learning and continuous improvement. We’re highly active in the tech community: in Toronto and globally. We run several of the most popular tech meetups in Toronto.
We have a variety of programs that help everyone improve, include several initiated by our own staff (ex. Rangle Academy, Lunch & Learns, Guilds). We encourage everyone to attend a conference every year (and we pay for it). Everyone gets a coach/mentor to help you grow in your career. And we also contribute to open source.
You’ll be a part of a small impactful team - because we use agile/scrum, you’ll be personally involved in decisions on how we’ll build out our products for our clients.
How We Work
- You’ll join a tightly-knit team consisting of JS Developers, Designers, Business Quality Analysts and Scrum Masters, who collaborate to build web and mobile apps (Ionic/Cordova, React Native) for our clients. Most projects are new and won’t require you to deal with a lot of legacy code.
- Our approach to making software stresses teamwork and close interaction with our clients. We rely on a well thought-out process based on Scrum, continuous delivery, and test-driven development. This process allows us to build software in a way that sets you up for success, allowing you to exercise your creativity and building software that matters without all the red tape, hierarchy and politics.
- We avoid sharply defined roles: everyone gets to partake in all aspects of their project and to try their hand at new things. Our developers do not just develop: they also help our clients think through product features, contribute to design, and test.
- We work for many clients in an exciting range of industries: social media, e-commerce, manufacturing, transportation, alternative energy, wellness. Any company that we feel helps make the world a better place.
What You'll Bring To The Team
- 5+ years experience in web application development, bonus points if you have experience working directly with clients or a product owner.
- Bonus points if you have previous experience building apps in Angular, React or Node.
- Great interpersonal skills - we are a close knit team and work together to solve problems.
- A desire to follow a software development process that helps you sleep better at night
- Bonus points if you have server side experience.
- Bonus points if you have an eye for design.
- Great problem solver and ability to reinvent oneself - We are always looking at ways we can do things better, sometimes there is no path to follow.
- Proactive and self starter - we hire folks that have a deep desire to do better and be better, you won’t be micromanaged in this role. (We want to hear your voice.)
- Passionate about learning - You’ll help identify new technologies and approaches to problems. (Web development and especially JS is always evolving.)
While focusing on doing the right thing, we adopt an atmosphere of creativity, belonging, and fun. Ranglers are curious, brave, kind, and innovative. Together we build experiences that make an impact on the world. Come join us.
Rangle is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a safe, diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage qualified applicants of all backgrounds including ethnicity, religion, disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation, family status, age, nationality, and education levels to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
Don't currently tick all the boxes?
We’re a culture of growth. If you're excited about this role, have most of the skills, and can learn the rest, please apply!