As a Program (Delivery) Director at Rangle, you are an essential figure in leading the overall planning, execution and delivery of projects and programs. You are at ease in structuring complex programs with competing priorities, multiple stakeholders, and ambitious goals. With an agile mindset, you are adept at building high performing teams focused on delivering value, provide clarity and leadership in ambiguity, and facilitate the groundwork required for an engaged and enabled team.
- In this role you are expected to have a multiplier effect; empowering teams, individuals and being an advocate for shipping early and often using a Lean-Agile mindset
- Be a pivotal part of Rangle's growing team in Toronto and helping define the technical landscape within our teams
- Rangle provides great opportunities for personal growth in team, organizational, and technology leadership in a deeply lean/agile operating model
- As a Program Director you will get the opportunity to grow your leadership, mentorship and coaching skills. Program Directors actively grow the Delivery practice at Rangle and are in charge of fostering a learning and growth environment across the organization.
Details About The Role
- Effectively deliver successful and scalable products and deepen Rangle's partnership with the client, holding a clear understanding of client's and Rangle's objectives at the stakeholder and company level
- Initiate projects, moving engagements from a signed SOW to an established delivery team, including resourcing, project kickoffs, articulating outcomes and success criteria and defining delivery process/approach in alignment with contractual agreements
- Coordinate with Technology, Strategy, Client Services, and Design Teams to evolve client engagements and drive outcomes
- Leverage reporting dashboards and metrics to anticipate, manage and communicate program risks, progress and needs to both clients and Rangle stakeholders; Lead regular meetings with project/program delivery teams
- Collaborate with discipline leads to ensure Rangle’s clients are receiving the best value
- Build strong client relationships
- Elevate Rangle's strategic partnership with each client by establishing the program governance framework, influencing/co-creating better ways of working through continuous improvement
- Provide program reporting laterally and upwards for all client engagements, ensuring continuous visibility on program progress and risks against engagement objectives
- Serve as the first point of escalation for the team promptly escalating risks and issues to the Account Team and/or senior management
- Responsible for providing oversight and forecast needs for the management of project budgets and for prompt review and approval of client invoices
- Actively identify opportunities for expansion and align Rangle consulting and new business activities (with Client Partners, strategists, etc.)
- Actively collaborate with a cross-functional account team to determine Account strategies
- Resource projects; forming well-balanced, cross-functional, high-performing teams, taking into account team member’s developmental needs/aspirations wherever possible
- Contribute to the evolution of Rangle’s approach to project, program and product governance
- Ensure the application of Rangle's Lean-Agile practices across programs and projects
- Coach delivery team members around the application of best practices, coordinate continuous improvement initiatives where necessary, and drive initiatives to improve Rangle's capabilities and toolbox and be responsible for sharing project learnings
- Research new trends in scaling Agile and incorporate innovative techniques and approaches
- Serve as a voice for Agile delivery processes at Rangle, including providing guidance for sales on new and ongoing engagements
- Support communities of practice pertaining to Rangle Process and continuous improvement
What You’ll Bring To The Team
- 10 years of industry experience, with extensive Agile project management experience showing progression from Scrum Master to program manager for a large client with multiple scrum teams
- Account team skills at the director level
- Exceptional knowledge of Lean-Agile principles and methodologies, with an ability to put them into practice to amortize risk by working iteratively
- Proven ability to demonstrate accountability to external and internal stakeholders
- Able to recognize and mediate conflict between parties at all levels, with both the team and with external stakeholders working with the team
- Quality-first mentality
- Able to contribute to or lead program reporting and metrics as needed, by working with or without a Delivery Manager to evaluate timelines and risks
- Confidence to context switch between clients and projects
- Able to work/coach effectively on teams without an SM
- Able to clearly articulate vision and purpose, and ensure goals are well-defined for the team
- Must work well without hierarchy, with a talent for diplomacy, collaboration, and conflict management
- Adaptive and flexible with active listening and empathy skills
- Confident, persuasive, articulate, and poised
- Nice to have: degree in computer science or business tech management
- Nice to have: certifications such as a PMI, ACP, CSM, SAFe or LeSS
While focusing on doing the right thing, we adopt an atmosphere of creativity, belonging, and fun. Ranglers are curious, brave, kind, and innovative. Together we build experiences that make an impact on the world. Come join us.
Rangle is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a safe, diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage qualified applicants of all backgrounds including ethnicity, religion, disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation, family status, age, nationality, and education levels to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
Don't currently tick all the boxes?
We’re a culture of growth. If you're excited about this role, have most of the skills, and can learn the rest, please apply!