Head of Design
The rapid explosion of digital in our lives means we are entering the experience economy and customer experience isn’t nice to have, it’s a need to have - both for businesses to thrive and for societies to thrive. If you agree with this, it's your burning passion, and your career goal is to help scale digital experience, we need you at Rangle. Rangle is redefining how companies design and build digital products and solutions by providing best-in-class customer-experience teams and practices to our clients. Our design teams are helping transform design for some of the world’s leading brands. If you want to move from page-level design to design as a scaled transformative capability, Rangle is where you want to be.
The Head of Design leads the Creative department strategy. They establish and espouse Rangle’s design philosophy, honing a specific point of view in the market and shaping a creative team that offers different, broader and more strategic services than what is currently available in the market. In partnership with the SVP, Digital the Head of Design articulates this design philosophy as part of the company’s larger strategic vision.
At Rangle you’ll be able to evolve your practice in a modern and disruptive design practice fuelled by unparalleled cross-functional collaboration and market-driven insights. No more throwing your designs over the wall and never hearing about them again. At Rangle we go far beyond user research and step boldly into active learning as a cross-functional team.
You should have a solid understanding of experience design and user-centred design (UCD) principles and practices, and be an expert in one or more core experience design competencies such as UX design, interaction design, HCI or information architecture. You should also be able to teach these skills to others as we foster an environment that prioritizes knowledge sharing and mentorship. And you should value team as much as craft and show a deep curiosity across all product, technology and design considerations.
- Lead the Creative practice at Rangle, including Visual Design, UX Design, UX Research and Studio Services
- Establish the overall structure and vision for Design practice
- Drive thought leadership on design methods, best practices and approaches to deliver business value for clients
- Collaborate cross-discipline on methodologies to modernize and scale design with thought leadership in design systems and modern UI architecture practices
- Collaborate with the Business Development and Client Partner teams to identify opportunities, understand client/market needs and shape direction for pitches and proposals
- Engage with clients in the pitch stage to sell Rangle’s approach to design and partnership, differentiating our services from the traditional agency model
- Create and establish quarterly and yearly Creative objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion
- Work with Talent and People & Culture teams to identify and attract senior-level employees to the company
- Outline the aesthetic vision and philosophy for Rangle’s design services
- Hold regular 1:1 meetings with direct reports; Coach them in strategic planning and people management skills as required
- Oversee accounts management for the Creative team
- Develop the strategic underpinning of go-to-market differentiator and statement of value stream
- Identify areas of impact for the Creative team; Delegate and drive initiatives to improve outputs and align to goals
What you bring to the team:
- Degree in visual design or related design discipline preferred
- Professional services background, including several years of experience consulting and creating for international Fortune 500+ companies
- Strong presentation and persuasion skills to connect design to business outcomes in a Lean/Agile model
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence with the ability to motivate staff
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Significant experience in client pitching and proposals
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate at all levels from junior employees to C-level
- Strong creative skills; Able to offer strategic input on creative projects and improve the scope, outcomes and output
- Strong sense of self-awareness and a desire to receive feedback for personal growth
- High level of integrity and dependability, with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Demonstrated experience in partnering with senior leadership to create a strategic vision and messaging
- Embodies Agile principles with the ability to rapidly switch contexts daily, re-prioritize and remain focused on output and outcomes as needs change
While focusing on doing the right thing, we adopt an atmosphere of creativity, belonging, and fun. Ranglers are curious, brave, kind, and innovative. Together we build experiences that make an impact on the world. Come join us.
Rangle is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a safe, diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage qualified applicants of all backgrounds including ethnicity, religion, disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation, family status, age, nationality, and education levels to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
Don't currently tick all the boxes?
We’re a culture of growth. If you're excited about this role, have most of the skills, and can learn the rest, please apply!