Group Program Director
Be a Group Program Director at Rangle
As a Group Program Director at Rangle, you are an essential figure in leading the overall planning, execution, and delivery of our programs. You should have extensive experience leading and structuring multi-million dollar engagements with parallel work streams- spanning development, design, product and strategy.
At Rangle, we don’t just lead when it comes to creating great software; we’re committed to developing great people too! As the Group Program Director, you will be responsible for the career development of the team. In this role you will provide direction and leadership to a team of Program Directors. You will be accountable for handling risks to program delivery, and for continuous improvement of the practice. In this role you’ll strive to balance Lean-Agile principles and project management to ensure timely and efficient delivery. You are at ease in structuring complex programs, leading and mentoring your direct reports, and achieving ambitious goals. With an agile mindset, you are adept at building a high performing and adaptable Program governance model focused on delivering value.
What You'll Do
- Provide guidance for issues in project delivery that need escalation or attention, address blockers when needed, coach and empower the team to solve problems
- Evolve program reporting laterally and upwards for all client engagements, ensuring continuous visibility on program progress and risks against engagement objectives
- A key partner in hiring, coaching and mentoring within the department; model servant leadership and coach new people managers in developing their teams
- Review (along with the teams and VPs) all programs at Rangle, and monitor team health, risk assessments, quality, scope of project, etc
- Maintain a track record of risks, losses, and wins and use findings to plan for future projects and continuous learning
- Actively seek out opportunities for growth on client engagements
- Establish new OKRs and review the progress of existing ones
- Assess the pipeline of incoming engagements to ensure recruitment and training scales to meet needs
- Collaborate with Technology, Strategy, Client Services, Business Development, Product, Strategy and Design teams to evolve client engagements and drive outcomes
- Train teams to anticipate, handle and communicate program risks, progress and needs to both clients and Rangle partners
- Actively find opportunities for expansion and align Rangle consulting and new business activities (with Client Partners, strategists, etc.)
- Oversee performance management (setting goals, assessing results) for the team and participate in talent reviews and compensation reviews
- Provide guidance to Talent Acquisition on hiring and scaling the team
- Capacity for leading a large team; shows judicious use of authority, resilience and servant leadership attitude
- Superior people management and insightful leadership skills
- Elevate Rangle's strategic partnership with each client by establishing the program governance framework, influencing/co-creating innovative ways of working through continuous improvement
- Clear understanding of client's and Rangle's objectives at the partner and company level
- Stay up to date on current modalities, while able to anticipate and evaluate new trends in Agile program delivery methods
- Coach Program Directors on the application of best practices, coordinate continuous improvement initiatives where necessary, drive initiatives to improve Rangle's capabilities/toolbox and be responsible for sharing project takeaways
- Support the VP of Delivery on internal Delivery initiatives as needed
- Support communities of practice pertaining to Rangle process and continuous improvement
What You Bring
- Industry experience, with extensive Agile project management knowledge, showing steady career progression
- Experience in the software and service delivery, knowledgeable in a variety of industry verticals
- Mastery of Lean-Agile principles and a profound understanding of the challenges and benefits of Waterfall, Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, and LeSS, with the knowledge of how and when to apply themAble to effectively present to high-level partners
- Able to recognize and mediate conflict between parties at all levels, with both the team and with external partners working with the teamAble to clearly articulate vision, value, and purpose, and ensure goals are well-defined for the team
- Must work well without hierarchy, with a talent for diplomacy, collaboration, and conflict management
- Adaptive and flexible with active listening and empathy skills
While focusing on doing the right thing, we embrace an atmosphere of creativity, belonging, and fun. Ranglers are curious, brave, kind, and innovative. Together we build experiences that make an impact on the world. Come join us.
Rangle is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a safe, diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage qualified applicants of all backgrounds including ethnicity, religion, disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation, family status, age, nationality, and education levels to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
Don't currently tick all the boxes?
We’re a culture of growth. If you're excited about this role, have most of the skills, and can learn the rest, please apply!