Director Digital Innovation
The Director, Digital Innovation at Rangle collaborates with clients to explore, plan and ultimately execute digital strategies. The DDI’s thoughtful partnership enables clients to navigate Rangle’s multidisciplinary approach—and a rapidly changing digital marketplace—by leveraging our domain expertise and services to amplify the client’s competitive advantage.
Reporting to the VP, Digital Innovation, the Director of Digital Innovation is a technical generalist at heart with the skills to navigate a client’s complex business needs and orchestrate the services necessary to enable our clients' success. They engage in meaningful conversations that cover not only frontend, backend, ML/AI, and DevOps but also design and other domains in digital in order for clients to explore unseen opportunities. Trust and relationship building with clients is a crucial component of the role, earned by enabling clients success with their digital journey by thoughtful consideration of their users, business, capabilities and the technical tools.
The DDI approaches all client solutions with an eye to developing long-term, meaningful client relationships and a passion for evangelizing Rangle’s complete catalogue.
- Be a pivotal part of Rangle's growing team in Toronto and helping define the technical landscape within our teams
- Play a huge part in the success of Rangle.io
- Rangle provides great opportunities for personal growth in team, organizational, and technology leadership in a deeply lean/agile operating model
- There's many pathways for growth, and opportunities internally
Details About Your Role
- Design, estimate and propose holistic solutions for projects by collaborating with other SMEs at Rangle
- Attend networking events and build Rangle’s profile in the marketplace; support early client negotiations
- Able to close deals, and maintain ongoing client conversations, focussing on both immediate needs and future roadmap
- Develop lasting partnerships with clients by providing continuity and follow-ups throughout their engagement; understand how to build trust and retain it
- Work with Delivery teams to ensure their success in client objectives
- Support the VP in building and evolving the Digital Innovation team, including the allocation of future investments and department resources
- Contribute to the long-term vision of departmental goals by collaborating with the Digital Innovation team; foster a culture of continuous growth and learning within Digital Innovation, and encourage cross-pollination with other departments
- Stay up to date on new technologies and industry trends; Use knowledge to guide future client partnerships
- Collaborate within Rangle: with Business Development for pre-sales; Client Partners during account management; leaders for strategy; and SMEs in creative and tech
- Establish and maintain support for all areas of strategic vision for clients, with a focus on doing the right thing
- Lead conversations with clients that centre on improving their business outcomes and technical approaches to solutions roadmapping
- Exhibit ambassadorship through direct communication with clients and potential clients, at marketing events and conferences, and by working with Rangle’s marketing team on go-to-market messaging, blogs, podcasts and speaking engagements
- Participate in design and strategy conversations to enhance a deeper understanding of all the functions required to build great software from a design, user experience, product management, business analysis, and quality assurance perspective
- Mentor the technology team to support their consulting skills, while exhibiting a servant leadership mindset
What You Bring To The Team
- 8+ years in leadership roles building complex software systems, with experience estimating and setting project timelines, and leading large cross-functional technology teams in delivering product-grade software
- Experience with solutions and architectures across broad technical disciplines, such as DevOps, design, cloud, and machine learning/AI
- Ability to deconstruct complicated product challenges into realistic and logical solutions
- Deep understanding of the functions required to build great software from design and user experience
- Interest in new technologies and a desire to always stay ahead of the curve with knowledge of Machine Learning, Cloud Architecture, etc.
- Strong sense of business acumen, with the ability to communicate to mixed audiences of technical and non-technical people
- Ability to understand and influence client needs, with an eye for upselling solutions
- Design, estimating and proposing solutions for projects and work with Rangle and client delivery teams to ensure they are successful - collaborating to ensure correct solution, and feasibility of scope
- Knowledge of Lean/Agile principles
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time to meet clients and represent Rangle at events around the world
- Nice to have: Experience with Angular, Node, React, Vue, etc and experience releasing Cloud Native solutions to production
While focusing on doing the right thing, we adopt an atmosphere of creativity, belonging, and fun. Ranglers are curious, brave, kind, and innovative. Together we build experiences that make an impact on the world. Come join us.
Rangle is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a safe, diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage qualified applicants of all backgrounds including ethnicity, religion, disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation, family status, age, nationality, and education levels to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
Don't currently tick all the boxes?
We’re a culture of growth. If you're excited about this role, have most of the skills, and can learn the rest, please apply!