Director, Business Development
The rapid explosion of digital in our lives means we are entering the experience economy and customer experience isn’t nice to have, it’s a need to have - both for businesses to thrive and for societies to thrive. If you agree with this, it's your burning passion, and your career goal is to help scale digital experience, we need you at Rangle. Rangle is redefining how companies design and build digital products and solutions by providing best-in-class customer-experience teams and practices to our clients.
We are looking for a high-energy, driven professional with sound business acumen, strong technical aptitude, and natural sales instincts to join as a Director of Business Development. It’s a hands-on sales role where you’ll be developing and managing multiple sales cycles and working closely with our VP, Business Development. You are comfortable with ambiguity and at home with helping scale-ups and large enterprise clients frame their problems and make progress towards their goals.
- Opportunity to work with a very exciting and high-growth digital product and software consultancy
- Influence how we present ourselves to potential clients, engaging in high-level conversations and presentations with senior stakeholders
- Play a big part in the success of Rangle.io
- Working with the top companies is no easy feat, you’ll influence how we scale out our future sales model and be a part of the growth. You will also have a part to play in our go-to-market strategy, influencing demand generation and partnerships
- Evolving Sales - You’ll work with some of the best Sales folks in the Industry and put deals together for some of the most cutting edge product-centric programs in the market
- You’ll be a part of an impactful team - including helping guide decisions on how we’ll scale sales as we grow and what initiatives we’ll roll out
- Sales Process - improving how we will go out and close deals with some of the best companies in the world
Details about your role
- Develop and manage prospect relationships globally
- Collaborate and understand the value of leveraging internal practitioners to provide a consultative sales experience with every customer interaction
- You will be a key stakeholder among product, technical leaders, and consultants to shape opportunities and frame solutions, and kickoff programs
- Manage fast sales cycles and present the value of our solutions to C-level executives
- Ability to lead multiple customer sales cycles simultaneously and close effectively (i.e., our Directors are strategic advisors, not a sales order takers)
- Manage all aspects of client selling: prospecting, consultation, building strategic proposals, relationship management, closing, and transition.
- Forecast sales activity and revenue (build and deliver an accurate pipeline), while creating referenceable, satisfied customers
- You’ll be interacting with potential clients via video conferencing, phone calls, emails, in-person meetings, and industry events
- May include travel - up to 20%
What you bring to the team
- Above all we are seeking, creativity, ambition, and growth thinking
- Experience in consultative sales in the areas of services, strategy, software or technology, and account management experience
- Experience managing the sales cycle from business champion to the “C” level
- Strong internal collaboration and interpersonal skills, as you will be interacting daily with a cross-functional team
- Experience selling into enterprise-sized companies and managing/closing complex sales cycles
- Track record of over-achieving quota (top 10-20% of the company) in past positions with a new business growth mentality and self-starter - micromanagement isn’t our style but we are looking for people to pave the way and initiate strategic sales relationships
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced, team environment - client realities and deal scenarios can change quickly, and your ability to adapt and adjust are strengths that you take pride in
- Have a strong interest in digital and business strategy, design, technology & software (and a passion for research, so that you can understand how things work)
- Experiene using CRM’s and forecasting revenues
- Hunger to learn, with a persistence and tenacity to keep moving forward and find ways to drive value for clients (sales is tough), reliable, confident, and personable are some of the traits we’re looking for in our ideal person
- Great problem solver, ability to reinvent oneself and strong customer references - We are always looking at ways we can do things better, sometimes there is no path to follow
While focusing on doing the right thing, we adopt an atmosphere of creativity, belonging, and fun. Ranglers are curious, brave, kind, and innovative. Together we build experiences that make an impact on the world. Come join us.
Rangle is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a safe, diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage qualified applicants of all backgrounds including ethnicity, religion, disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation, family status, age, nationality, and education levels to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
Don't currently tick all the boxes?
We’re a culture of growth. If you're excited about this role, have most of the skills, and can learn the rest, please apply!