Business Development Director
We are looking for a high-energy, driven professional with sound business acumen, strong technical aptitude and natural sales instincts to join as a Director of Business Development. It’s a hands-on sales leadership role where you’ll be developing and managing an enterprise sales cycle and working closely with our VP, Client Services and COO. You are comfortable creating and pitching highly personalized sales presentations to C-Suite executives while still being able to leverage the latest sales technology while you’re in the office to improve your prospecting, nurturing, and closing capabilities.
- Opportunity to work with a very exciting and high growth software company
- Influence how we present ourselves to potential clients across Canada & US - engaging in high level conversations and presentations with senior stakeholders
- Play a big part in the success of Rangle.io
- Working with the top companies is no easy feat, you’ll influence how we scale out our future sales model and be a part of the growth
- Managing and developing your own small team of sales professionals
- Evolving Enterprise Sales - You’ll work with some of the best Sales folks in the Industry and put deals together for some of the most cutting edge technical projects in the market
- You’ll be a part of a small impactful team - including helping guide decisions on how we’ll scale sales as we grow and what initiatives we’ll roll out
- Sales Process - improving how we will go out and close deals with some of the best companies in the world
- Opportunity to progress in your career as part of our high growth sales plan
DETAILS ABOUT YOUR ROLE
- Develop and manage prospect relationships within the North American industry verticals that your team will own
- Mentor, coach and manage your sales team, including performance reviews, adhoc / formal sales coaching and career guidance
- Collaborate and understand the value of leveraging internal practitioners to provide a consultative sales experience with every customer interaction
- The key metric of how you’ll be tracked is revenue on closed deals - you’ll have an annual quota that will be pro-rated from your start date
- Manage fast sales cycles and present the value of our solutions to C-level executives
- Ability to lead multiple customer sales cycles and close effectively (i.e., our Directors and Managers are both advisors and hunters, not a sales order taker)
- Manage all aspects of client selling: prospecting, consultation, building strategic proposals, relationship management, closing and transition
- Forecast sales activity and revenue (build and deliver an accurate pipeline), while creating referenceable, satisfied customers
- You’ll be interacting with potential clients via phone calls, emails, in-person meetings and industry events
- Another part of your role is supporting the sales team in their day to day activities, this includes: Tracking key sales metrics to ensure weekly, monthly, and quarterly targets are met, tracking sales process and sales reporting, crafting and updating email and prospecting templates that we’ll use for our sales conversations
- Ability to travel internationally - 25-50%
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Leadership experience in consultative sales in the areas of services, strategy, software or technology and account management experience
- Proven ability to successfully lead and growing a team of sales professionals
- Experience managing the sales cycle from business champion to the “C” level
- Strong internal collaboration and interpersonal skills, as you will be interacting daily with a cross functional team
- Experience selling into enterprise-sized companies and managing/closing complex sales-cycles
- Track record of success in carrying a quota of $5MM or more
- Track record of over-achieving quota (top 10-20% of company) in past positions Hunter/new business mentality and self-starter - micromanagement isn’t our style but we are looking for people to pave the way and initiate strategic sales relationships
- Ability to work in a very fast paced, team environment with monthly quota cadence
- Have a strong interest in Strategy, Design, Technology & Software (and a passion for research, so that you can understand how things work)
- CRM experience - we use Salesforce
- Hunger to learn, persistence (sales is tough), reliable, confident and personable are some of the traits we’re looking for in our ideal person
- Problem solver, ability to reinvent oneself and strong customer references - We are always looking at ways we can do things better, sometimes there is no path to follow.
While focusing on doing the right thing, we embrace an atmosphere of creativity, belonging, and fun. Ranglers are curious, brave, kind, and innovative. Together we build experiences that make an impact on the world. Come join us.
Rangle is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a safe, diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage qualified applicants of all backgrounds including ethnicity, religion, disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation, family status, age, nationality, and education levels to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
Don't currently tick all the boxes?
We’re a culture of growth. If you're excited about this role, have most of the skills, and can learn the rest, please apply!